Who we are and what we do
Some of the benefits of EurOcean membership include:
- Representation in a long established European organisation recognised for its knowledge and expertise in managing and analysis of information on marine science and technology in Europe;
- As part of its Steering Committee a role in influencing the strategic, policy and technical agenda in relation to marine science and technology information management and dissemination, through an organised and well connected forum at the European level;
- The potential to build strategic collaborations with a network of key Marine Institutes and science research funding bodies across Europe;
- Support of the EurOcean Office and the Members in identifying funding opportunities and building partnerships;
- Advice from experienced staff in the EurOcean Office on building or contributing to H2020 and other research proposals;
- Preferential access and ability to request tailored analyses of the extensive holdings in our databases on marine research infrastructure and on marine relevant projects funded at the European level and nationally. This can put you ahead in identifying research gaps and opportunities and the key organisations to build partnerships with;
- Access to the EurOcean Office and its communication tools to disseminate information and activities of your organisation to a mailing list of over 3000 subscribers;
- Facilitation in arranging relevant training activities or staff exchanges between members and the Office;
- Long-term hosting of relevant information databases developed by your organisation or assistance with uploading pertinent information into EurOcean databases.
There is also the possibility of Cooperating Membership for organisations with a regional or global reach that are involved in activities complementary to those of EurOcean.
If you are interested in membership, contact the Executive-Director, Ned Dwyer